Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2019, 06:14 PM   #28
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
Help me, because maybe I'm misunderstanding. The Quantum is a Class C, based on the Ford Chassis Cab, not the Cutaway Chassis, I believe. You will have the connector there because Ford finished that part of the truck. The Vegas/Axis is on on a cutaway, which means that Thor completed everything from the front bumper to the back; from what everyone has told me, they do NOT add the wiring and adapter for us. We have to add that ourselves, which is a MAJOR expense. I simply don't understand why Thor doesn't do this, as they have no problem advertising the towing capabilities of our RV's. It's quite disappointing, but at least I have two relatively inexpensive options that don't require rewiring.
I believe the terminology Ford uses for the chassis under the Axis/Vegas is "Stripped Chassis"--not "Cutaway" (Cutaway can easily mean a van front that is "cut away" from the van.)

In addition, correct: The stripped chassis does not have the provision for a trailer brake controller. The chassis used in Class C's does because Ford does, indeed, complete the cab.

As an example: Axis/Vegas units don't have Ford dashboard change holder (unless you call the depression on the top of the dash that but hit the brakes and the coins would slide up front with the defrost vents ! LOL).
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum