Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2019, 11:38 PM   #14
Beau388

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Keefer View Post
Come on now Beau, I live a little outside of SA and we don't have that kind of breeze, a windy day is more like 10 to 15 mph. I was in the panhandle last week and the wind was around 30 mph. While I had no real trouble rolling down the highway, I did have to pay attention. I'm curious about driving in winds over 30 mph.
I have had the big slide topper unfurl three times bending the brackets: once near Abilene winds were 25 gusting to 50 from the north and I was driving 55 mph heading north on US-283. Another time just west of Huston in a thunderstorm wind again out of the NW at 30 mph with 55 mph gust in very heavy rain; I was holding 45 mph tucked-in behind a Walmart TT and again out by Van Horn West wind steady at 45 mph. The gust are only bad in the spring and fall. During the summer and what the rest of the US calls winter, San Antonio seldom has winds above 15 mph. However there is a benefit of a steady wind above 20 mph.

Wind power in Texas consists of many wind farms with a total installed nameplate capacity of 22,637 MW from over 40 different projects. Texas produces the most wind power of any U.S. state. According to ERCOT, wind power accounted for at least 15.7% of the electricity generated in Texas during 2017, as wind was 17.4% of electricity generated in ERCOT, which manages 90% of Texas's power.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum