Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2019, 03:32 AM   #39
MJC62

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E. 27.2
State: Indiana
THOR #14698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpacker View Post
I think you are correct. to help others understand what is your starting dry curb weight?
You know I never checked it before it was loaded. The Ace had full propane, full fuel, 1/2 tank of fresh water, food, clothing, gas grill and various sundries in it, then we hooked up the Cherokee took off on weekend excursion. On the way we drove over to the local truck stop to weigh in. Ace was just over 15700 and the Cherokee Trailhawk was 4325.
The yellow door sticker says we can add 1233 lbs of people and cargo. So if that is the recommended loading subtract it from 16000 and you get curb weight of 14767.
If you start with a full load of water, 56 gallons at 465 lbs and 88 lbs for a full load of propane that doesn't leave a lot of room for peeps, food and clothes. I opt to haul a half tank of water gives me more room for "stuff".

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum