Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2019, 04:54 AM   #42
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC62 View Post
Here is how I understand GVWR & GCWR.
The GVWR (Gross Vehicle Weight Rating) is the Maximum allowable weight the vehicle can safely haul. That is NOT the weight of the vehicle before it is loaded. The GVWR is the total of ALL water, fuels, people, food, clothing, live bait, beer, etc. PLUS and this is a big PLUS the tongue weight of your trailer. Our Ace 27.2 the GVWR is 16000 pounds. Fully loaded with all our stuff, fuel, propane, water, myself and the Mrs. we top out at close to 16000, within the safe margin of the Gross Vehicle Weight. Now my GCWR or Gross Combined Vehicle Weight Rating is the weight of all the stuff in the motor home PLUS the weight of the towed vehicle. Our GCWR for the ACE 27.2 is 23000 lbs. Our Cherokee Trail Hawk weighs in at a dry curb weight of 4200 lets call it 4500 lbs with gas and a couple sundries in the car. So fully loaded weight GCWR @ 15700 + the Cherokee at 4500 Equals a Gross Combined Weight of 20,200 lbs leaving us 2800 lbs under the Gross Combined Weight of my ACE. And that's all I gotta say about that! Hope that helps. Mark
Thank you, this helps me a lot. I see you did not forget the live bait What was I thinking. I would think the GVWR for your ACE 27.2 would be close if not the same as 27b? There s no 2020 27b so Thor's site started out at 29M. Maybe the 18,000 GVWR for 27b is too high? If not, what you have just taught me is a big reason for me to prefer 27 model over 29 models. I must be able to tow my boat free from worry about any weights. Having to possibly throw out beer, ice and live bait while on any family vacation is not exactly what I call relaxing.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum