Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2015, 12:10 AM   #15
Searsb

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Kentucky
THOR #2859
Here is an update:
Called Thor customer support, was told the transfer switch was indeed under the bed, I had looked 3-4 times for it there. Was not told that to access it you have to extend the slide half way out and remove the main panel to have room to work!
I discovered when testing the switch that the relay connecting the shore power was locked and the coil fried. Called Thor back, explained to them what I had found, they sent out a new transfer switch overnight air, they were very helpful and understanding.
Of course I realize, that with me doing all the work they are not having to reimburse a dealer for labor, and no fire damage, and no complaints about the safety issues. But I would rather know it's done right and I can fix it now not in 3 wks before the dealer could even get it in to diagnosis the problem, not to mention the delay to order the part and then fix it.
Now, the question that may need to be asked is why the transfer switch failed so early and why so many multiple failures?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.