Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2019, 12:55 PM   #12
Squerly

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Newmar London Aire
State: North Carolina
THOR #14340
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
If your were looking to buy your very first RV, which would you buy hoping to have the least amount of things to worry with to fix, break downs etc.? Brand new or preowned?
If you were looking at two RV's, both the same make/model, but one was 5 years old and the other brand new, then I see little or no benefit to buying used. The benefits are realized when you buy an older, high-end model coach, for the same amount that a new, entry level model costs.

Look at it this way, would you rather drive a well-maintained, 5-year old Mercedes SL650 or a brand new Chevy Cavalier?

For me, the older, high-end model is the better bet. But that's just me, YMMV. I accept that RV ownership means the windows will leak and the air conditioner will break on both RV's. So I prefer a higher-end, better appointed coach to work on.
2016 Jeep Rubicon Hard Rock edition
Squerly is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.