Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2019, 02:04 PM   #13
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squerly View Post
Look at it this way, would you rather drive a well-maintained, 5-year old Mercedes SL650 or a brand new Chevy Cavalier?

For me, the older, high-end model is the better bet. But that's just me, YMMV. I accept that RV ownership means the windows will leak and the air conditioner will break on both RV's. So I prefer a higher-end, better appointed coach to work on.
What color is the Chevy Cavalier Just playing as I follow better what is being said or meant by preowned preference. Simply put you get more bang for your buck.

When we rent, we get the big diesel pushers, they are too big for me to own though. I basically need a vacation after every trip we rent because I am literally scared to death while driving that thing. My wife will not drive those rentals short emergency, or if I had to get rid of too many beer cans out of fridge to reduce weight.

What I want to own has to be 30' 3" or shorter. We don't like B Class, way to small for us and we consider a waste of time, I have more room in Navigator. We carry tents if perfect camp situation / weather permits otherwise a hotel.

Right now the 27b is winning over the 29.3 . I have looked at other Mfgs and can find nothing that comes comparable equipped like the Thor short of paying $30 - $40k more. I do see lots of good deals on preowned 2017 & up 29.3 & 27b's, but I have been reluctant to buy out of fear that I may be buying someone's else headache? I think my plan is to shop meticulous and then when I find the perfect RV to then go EXTREME on PDI to make sure Day 1 is good. I will just have to be prepared for what breaks after that. i.e. some owner that complain may be buying a preowned or new RV from that didn't take the PDI serious or that the previous owner didn't take serious?
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is online now   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.