Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2019, 06:02 PM   #6
RDC54

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 Compass 23TR
State: Michigan
THOR #11426
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRetiree View Post
We recently purchased a 2019 Tuscany. Shortly thereafter, my wife and I took the RV out for a 2 day shakedown trip. As would be expected we found several issues. Some minor and a couple needing more urgent attention. I provided a type written list of all the items and went over them 1 by 1 with the Service Manager when I dropped off the RV. I was told they would submit the repairs to Thor for their decision as to if they would be covered by the mfg warranty. Does anyone have experience with this process? Does Thor generally respond to the dealer quickly.
In my experience with our 2018 Compass, when we went through our dealer to address warranty issues, it took a long time (days to weeks) to get an answer from Thor, and it wasn’t always the answer we wanted. Not to mention the long wait times to get parts shipped from Thor. In addition, the local dealer made several attempts to address some warranty issues, and STILL couldn’t fix them (freshwater tank leak...3 trips to the dealer to fix it. Squeaking house door...3 attempts to fix, and still squeaking). It was very frustrating...

The situation changed when I contacted Thor directly, and made arrangements to take the rig to the service center in Indiana. They were absolutely great! Because it was the middle of winter, and our warranty expired in March, they actually extended the manufacturers warranty to give us time to get the rig out of winter storage and drive it down to them. The technician met us with a personalized binder containing a list of all our issues (based on emails exchanged), and did a walk through with us to discuss problems and hear our concerns. They addressed all of our concerns, and spotted/addressed several things that we hadn’t noticed. And because we dropped our rig off (vs trying to live in the rig while they were doing repairs) they got everything done quickly...we were back home in a week, with a rig that was literally in better shape than when we bought it new! I know others have had a different experience with the service center in Wakarusa, but I can’t say enough good things about our experience there.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum