Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Solar panel
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2019, 04:01 PM   #13
Long & Winding road

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Yep, good info.... But you may need to run your generator for 3 + hours to get full charge.

Most likely your coverter is the same as mine (55 amp) but you might only realize like 45 or 50 amp at the batteries (line loss etc) plus if you running someting 12 volt at the same time inside the RV.

So if you have two 100 amp 12v battery (200 amp total) but you use the 50% rule = 100 useable amps will take aprox 2 hours (I say 2.5 - 3 to be safe). But if you double it and have 4 12 volt 100 amp batteries your looking at 4 - 5 hours??

I dont know all the exact # and im not expert but this is what I undersand from reading this forum and other sources. I just wanted to point this out.

Most batteries like to be fully charged before depleated to get long life out of them.

Of coarse you could upgrade your converter and wiring and or get Lithum batteries etc to speed this process up.
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.