Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2019, 02:28 PM   #5
taylorbob1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #13362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long & Winding road View Post
Well I would say its time to get some tools now that you own an RV. Unfortunately they go hand in hand.

You can spend hours messing with a repair shop, then drop the RV off for WEEKS all for something that would take you minutes to repair yours self at home. (IMO).

Tin snips, some epoxy glue with a C clamp or a sheet metal screw or two and you should be good to go.

Go down to Harbor Frt, get some simple tools that you think you might need (including tin snips). They dont cost very much and you will find you will use some tools all the time and they might get you (or a fellow RVer) out of a pinch when you need them most.

I have gone over kill with my on board tools but im the type of person that if I think I can fix it AND I DONT have the RIGHT tool for the job...... I will be kicking my self all day/weekend.

It give me a piece of mind having a well stocked RV with tools, nuts, bolts, wires, connectors, wire, zip ties (the list goes on and on). Plus I printed out all the the schematic for my RV with details of each fuse box so I can find them quickly.

Im not trying to preach.... Im trying to be helpful.... I hope it came off as that.
I agree with your opinion
I have found that most repairs I can do myself vs making an appnt with “Stealer-ship” for 3 weeks from now, dropping off my rig 30 miles from my home (so 3 gallons each way), while it gets the “Sunshine Treatment” for 7-10 days.
Only to get my rig back home with the same or more issues.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.