Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2019, 07:49 PM   #18
Piper K9

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: New York
THOR #14755
Some real good points and comments. The bride and dog lover our 24.1 2018 Axis as much as I do. We find it easy to handle, lots of storage space in the unit and excellent storage in the seller. We like the features inside the unit and the functionality of use of space. I was surprised how well the unit handled itself when semi's passed us on the road...not much sway of sucking our unit towards the semi. We found it handled very well on a hard down pour rain and how steady it held the road on curves and other road issues. Our gas milage was ok but yet again it isn't a car it's a home on wheels and we expected the gas milage to be that when we started out on this journey. Were we issue free with this purchase...no but our research told us we were not purchasing a $1 mil coach. Did we expect to find cheaper materials being used , sure and we accepted that. About the only thing I am a bit put off on is the cheap electrical component's being used and mostly it's been the power point sockets, fuses and the factory process of hiding the blasted fuse boxes. If it's a fuse box that powers anything on the chassis call Thor and get the telephone number for Ford Customer Service service Tech as they will be the one's who will help..Thor sure can't. Ford was fantastic to work with. They took my call and said they would have a Ford Tac call within an hour...25 minutes the call came in and in two minutes problem located and solved. Before I hung up the Tac said I just ran your vin and see that your warranty start date and milage aren't recorded so contact my dealer and have them correct that issue and send it to Ford so I will not have any chassis warranty problems or Roadside Assistance problems. Contacted our dealer , they contacted Ford and problem was corrected and here we go again a short trip to Swan Bay RV Resort at Alexandra Bay on the St. Lawrence Seaway between NY and Canada. September will be our first trip to a National Park at Acadia National Park in Maine..." Gee, we love our Axis and so does our Hans as he's a Bernese Mountain Dog a big 114 pound four legged furry camper! < FISH <

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum