Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2019, 03:16 AM   #2
javelin

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Hi Ron, I am not familiar with your coach water heater specific connections, but I would suggest checking your water heater manufacturer’s manual first because they sometimes include installation details with reference drawings showing how hoses are attached/clamped onto the actual water heater tank lines. I suspect the hoses may push on (hot and cold) and may be held by clamps (or some form of Pex adapter) so probably no water heater case removal should be required for a hose connection leak (assuming the leak is not from an internal heater water line weld crack). Also you could try to use the water heater winterization bypass valves to confirm your leak is actually on the cold supply pressure line (bypass tank appropriately to see if leak stops – this assumes water heater contents are not also leaking out too – held in place by vacuum from set bypass feeder valves and hot water tank outflow integral anti backflow valve). Of course use care to leave heater (gas and electric if equipped) off during your tests and especially if the tank contents are drained/leak out.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum