RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Boondocking
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2019, 02:38 PM   #21
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Wow this site is fascinating. If I had a Developer I would package to sell a game called RVopoly where you can buy your RV of dreams and it randomly create real life situations that you must contend with in order to continue play before you go bankrupt or sell out of the game.

Now why I am soooo fascinated? Do you mean to tell me that if all things are equal it is best to run the portable generator versus the equipped Onans?

I have a Sinemate 3500KW pure sinewave portable generator with wheels and handle, maybe 2 decibels louder than the equivalent Honda, but it is smaller than the equivalent Honda and has it's own battery for keystart (works great after 9 years). It has 30 amp breaker; so I could only run one AC, but am I hearing the gas savings are distinguishable?

I actually installed a Connecticut Electric transfer switch at my house; so I have 10 breakers from house plumbed in. When we lose power we can fire up the generator and have all major appliances going. I remember once when a transformer blew on our block we must have had every neighbor in the neighbor come wanting to know how are landscape light shining bright in all of the otherwise darkness outside.

So given that some take their generators, how (where) do you pack to stabilize the generator, and where would you put a 5 gallon gas container so that it it does not topple over or be illegal in any state (except for Hawaii )?
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.