Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2019, 10:55 PM   #16
M&M_MURPHYS

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Quantum
State: California
THOR #9015
I am sure it varies by dealer. In our experience the (large CA Bay Area) dealer we used first took 10 weeks to turn our unit around.

The process - They take the unit in and go over details with the owner. Next they schedule their Tech to look over everything and write up the problems from his prospective. Next they get THOR authorization. Next they order your parts. Only when parts arrive will they schedule you for the work. This process was outlined as an 8 week process but in our case it literally took 10 weeks. They had our rig the whole time we waited. We did not have the option of getting the rig back while the process was going on. Very bad experience I will not dwell on any more here.

The next time we took it in for warranty service we found a great smaller repair shop who does not sell RVs. They looked at everything, ordered parts and scheduled the repairs. We took the unit home and used it until our appt date. We brought it back and they got everything fixed in a couple of days.

The interesting thing was that they requested warranty repair approvals from THOR but we were on the hook for anything THOR would not cover. In our case everything was covered by THOR.

In short, it depends on the repair facility. Hopefully you have one near by that will not tie up your rig for weeks while they fumble around with their process. I am very happy with the second repair shop we tried and have been using them since.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum