Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2019, 02:02 AM   #9
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
I hope they made it out safely versus battery going dead on a mobile phone etc. They could have posted their location if they had not already escaped through Emergency window or called 911.

This issue does not surprise me. It was just a week or so ago on this very site when we discussing the oddity of emergency window glass design that in a lot of cases would break if used and could cost $1,000 or more top replace. I note that #1 I was not aware of that fact when my wife and I were looking at a brand new unit for sale and we got stuck inside. Because AC was running and we were nice and cool, I tried not to panic, but after 10 minutes or so, I was considering opening the emergency window to get out so I would not embarrass ourselves to the dealership, but just as I was about to do that, someone came from outside and opened the door. We just calmly left But had I used that Emergency window in the back bedroom, it likely would have broke and I would have had a cow if they asked me to pay for and it was anywhere near $1,000.

I don't know what failed on the door, didn't care, moved on from that unit. Oddly you would think the lock mechanism i sto keep you from getting in from the outside, not from getting out from the inside? Maybe they worry you driving down the road and some body inside think that is the door to the head and open the door and jump onto the highway? Otherwise, I think the good old fashioned smith & wesson protection mechanisms work best anyway
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is online now   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum