Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2019, 01:18 PM   #50
cavie

Brand: Keystone
Model: Sprinter
State: Florida
THOR #15553
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
OK, admittedly I am new to this RV world. We are so excited by the journey we have begun, but in adding to the safety aspect of our vehicle (suspension, tires, power management), I keep getting this feeling of dread in spending three or four hundred dollars on something and then having it stolen while we were away from the campground! (I feel the same way about my bikes, but I'm working on those solutions.)

Here's where I am: I want to add a TPMS system. I think the EEZ Tire system looks like it fits my needs the best, but the others look decent as well. Do people mess with these? Do they see sensors on your valve stems and say, "Oh, there's a couple hundred bucks worth of sensors just lying there!"? Or, am I just paranoid about things that I shouldn't be?

Same with power management. I think we will be getting a Hughes Autoformer with Surge Protection. At $350, I'd hate to leave this on the pedestal with a flimsy little cable lock, but again, am I overly paranoid? (I do see that Hughes now has a hardwire option, and I would be very interested in that, but not sure how to get the wiring to run into one of my storage areas.)

Help ease my anxiety over the unknown, please!

You only need a Hughes transformer if you have low voltage. Get a EMS. Energy management system. It will not only tell you there is a problem, it will turn off the electricity until the problem is fixed. A autotrans followed by an EMS is the way to go. Do not put the EMS in front of the auto trans. EMS will turn off power at 108 and the Auto trans will have nothing to do.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum