Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2015, 12:04 AM   #7
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
Based on the picture and the way the engine cover is positioned I would be surprised if there isn't a frame rail very close to that position of the coach. That is right about where the lengthwise frame rail runs on the F53.

Now, That's not to say the table has to go back in the exact same position. It could be moved in or out a few inches.
Agree, it looks like it may line up closely. There is also the possibility that Thor tries to position the bases close to floor structural members on purpose to give it rigidity. Relocating them may cause the table to wiggle -- not sure what's underneath. And it's possible I guess that the bases may have some kind of backing plate or reinforcement under the floor. And there is the issue of cutting through floor insulation and its vapor barrier which may or may not be a big deal depending on temperatures. Also, if bases are moved too far, it will leave screw holes in floor requiring repair.

If it's a simple matter of replacing one with another then it should be straight forward, although I have to assume Thor made it that way for a reason. A very close inspection is the only way to tell for sure if it's an easy modification. I usually proceed with lots of caution and planning on these types of projects.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum