Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2019, 10:49 PM   #25
mstng

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 2018 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #12484
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorbob1 View Post
I just completed the AC mods as suggested on the Forum
1) made sure the divider was perfectly placed and taped inside the housing separating the intake from outflow
2) moved the thermister so it is now "dangling hope-lessly" vs inserted inside a coil fin
3) added the extra 4" round vent directly to the AC cover

These mods have really increased the cooling.

Although I'm currently at Oceanside Beach (San Diego Area) where it's a cool & breezy 72 degrees today.
So the AC is naturally occurring, off the Pacific Ocean.
Would be interesting to see how the input and output temps change with your probe in different positions.
I use a dual barbeque temp probe that I verified calibration with another thermometer. Interestingly moving from the blower to the first vent in the hallway (24.1) temp increased only 3 degrees, 1st vent in bedroom up 5 degrees, and last vent near the back increase of 10 degrees. Others are probably much better insulated than mine though. LWR has done quite a bit of duct work that lowered the difference in temps.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.