Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2019, 11:03 PM   #10
pavemike

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.5
State: Florida
THOR #12686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie G View Post
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. Forgot to say we are new to camping. Like a lot of people started off tenting, then the pop up, a Hi Lo, a 35' Laredo TT and now looking at motor homes.

My wife likes the baby motor homes as she calls them (Class C 25 footers) which are interesting. Particularly the Winnebago View 25V/G/D models. I am leaning more towards the smaller Class A 32'-36'. Winnebago 32T and especially the Palazzo 33.1. I can drive the 40 footers no problem just don't want to. Like to have the ease of parking easily and a little better MPG.

Been to the Belleville show it is close to where we live but have never been to the show in northern IL.

Definitely not in a hurry to buy one. I want to do my homework which doesn't always pan out. For instance purchased a 2015 Silverdo gas engine supposed to pull 9200 pounds but it had a lot of trouble on the hills of Missouri pulling the 7000 pound Laredo so had to switch to a diesel. So sometimes research doesn't always provide the answers to the questions.

Again thanks for the warm welcome.
I wanted a Class A but the wife was hell bent on a Class C. Many discussions on it till we walked into the Vegas/Axis line. A year and a half later we are still loving our Vegas and don't want anything else. Might be worth taking a look at to see if it might meet both of your desires. We also tow our Jeep Wrangler Unlimited everywhere with us. You are probably also used to having a second vehicle with you pulling the TT. But, again, take your time and look at everything you possibly can. Have fun!
pavemike is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum