Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2019, 11:02 PM   #18
vkb

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
As long as we remain more travelers than campers, and it’s just the two of us who prefer a small camper, I can’t see wanting to pull a toad.

I recall once staying in one place for a week where a car was nice to have, but that’s rare for us. And even if we had to rent a car for a week a couple of times a year, it would still be preferable and perhaps cheaper for us than to own and pull a toad.

We’ve used regular bikes, and may consider a scooter someday, but between small camper, rental cars, and Ubers, I doubt I’ll ever want the inconvenience of a toad. Just personal preference — it’s very subjective.
Hey Chance ! good to hear from you ! As most everyone knows, we have towed motorcycles for many years and just made the switch to a Wrangler Sport TJ .. as we aged, the motorcycle was less desirable when we were at our destination...we bought an older model got her setup to tow and LOVE THAT JEEP !! Now, when we arrive at our destination, we unhook and can literally, go anywhere we want at the drop of a hat ! Weather is not a factor . Our family sez we are in our second childhood ! SO MY MESSAGE TO ANYONE WHO IS THINKING ABOUT A TOAD...if you can afford it..DO IT!
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.