Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2019, 01:11 AM   #36
rellis195

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #5519
I have a 28 ft Four Winds Citation Chateau (Class B-Plus). This has ducted air from a single air conditioner. Living in Florida we are constantly battling the heat. We visited the Keys in 95 degree weather, and our coach never got below high eighties all day.

We tried cleaning the filters and washing the condenser fins, and washing the fan blades but it made little if any difference. I then checked the cold air entrance to the unit and found that some cold air was being sucked back into the return. Half a reel of duct tape later that was fixed, but there was still not enough cool to go round.

So, I removed the Dometic Penguin II 13.5k low profile unit, and purchased a Dometic Brisk Air II 15k. The new unit is a full height unit. I do not know whether it is the 11% increase in power, or the increased area of the condenser fins allowing more air to flow thru, but it makes a big difference.

I also have the ability to direct all the air directly in to the living area, and bypass the ducts.

Normally an AC unit should show about a 20 degree fahrenheit drop between in intake and output.

Happy perspiring!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum