Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2015, 07:17 PM   #12
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry's RV View Post
....cut.... No towing needed. It all depends on your needs, lifestyle, and how you plan to use it. I'm glad we have a lot of variety in our choices. The biggest downside I see to the B/B+ and especially the Sprinter models is they are ridiculously expensive compared to other options.
I agree, and also think quality affects price as much as size. If I compare a Winnebago Travato Class B with a Thor Axis Class A, there isn't really that much difference in price. Quality is about the same but the Axis is huge by comparison.

And to me that makes sense because they each have similar equipment inside. Each has one AC, stove, sink, microwave, toilet, shower, generator, etc. That it's all crammed into a smaller volume doesn't really save much on fabrication costs.

For me the perfect motorhome would be a super-sized Class B; much like starting out with a small bus for conversion. Unfortunately the biggest vans available, regardless of their length, are still too narrow to compete with B+, Cs, or As.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum