Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2019, 08:41 PM   #1
Locknut

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 27.7
State: Kentucky
THOR #6005
2019 Lincoln Nautilus

We recently bought a new 2019 Lincoln Nautilus with the 2.7 liter 6 cylinder engine for use as our toad. According to all the resources I’ve consulted, the vehicle can be towed with all four wheels down. That is not in question.

When looking at the paper Owner’s Manual that came with the vehicle it specifically states that the vehicle may be RV towed by using the transmission’s “Stay in Neutral” procedure. Other instructions say to tow in forward direction only, release the parking brake, and do not exceed 70mph.

Then later, I was looking at the digital version of the Owner’s Manual on the Lincoln website, and it gives different instructions. It states that one must use the “Manual Park Release” procedure to release the electric parking brake, tow forward only, and not to exceed 65mph. It does not mention the “Stay in Neutral” procedure at all.

So, I called the Lincoln service 800 number for clarification. The person I spoke with didn’t know which was correct, nor could they refer me to anyone at Ford that could assist me. I was told to merely contact the selling dealer.

Does anyone have any experience or knowledge that could be helpful?

Thanks in advance!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.