Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2019, 11:08 PM   #24
mgunnin

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: VEGAS 27.7
State: Florida
THOR #14226
I had the exact leak in the exact location on our 2018 27.1 Vegas.
The Lord blesses the stupid. We were headed to the dealer to try to have our leak fixed. A rock hit the windshield and now we were going to have to have it replaced.
When the company that was assigned to replace the windshield by my insurance company came out. I told him the story. Well he found the leak.
at the top where they start and finish with the sealant there was and I suspect on yours as well was a gap.
The glass company stated that where the gap was located you can't apply enough sealant after the fact and ever get the water to stop. Water gets into the gasket and travels around until it weeps out at the bottom so when water does as it is suppose to, travel around it will get to the gap and continue pour into your unit. So you need the windshield removed and properly sealed and reinstalled or pray that the Lord does for you what he did for me.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum