Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2019, 01:44 AM   #1
jfrankiejones

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport
State: North Carolina
THOR #1788
Onan generator woes!!

Try this again, first attempt at post failed.

I have a 2015 Windsport with a Onan 5500 that has not run good this summer.
For a while, it would run fine while stationary and after we hit the road it would shut down. Most of the time after we realized that it had, we could restart it with no problem.

After reading forums and watching YouTube, i replaced the fuel filter, fuel pump and air filter. Now it will run for about 30 mins and shut down after loping and black smoke out of exhaust. I'm having problems getting it restarted, usually have to wait a couple of hours or next day?

This evening I was gonna run it some and then spray in Sea Foam hoping to clean the carb. It ran for 37 mins and shut down, I removed the air filter and hit the start button and had a ball of fire come out of the carb. I waited about 15 mins and tried again and it started. I sprayed sea foam, let it run for 5 mins and shut it down for 10 mins. Tried to start it again and gas or sea form came out of the carb throat, but no fire.

I have run out of ideas of what to do, would appreciate any suggestions or information on what to do now?

Thanks in advance!
Frankie

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.