Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2019, 12:58 PM   #1648
Long & Winding road

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucke View Post
Hello Long & Winding road, I have picked up a roll of the reflective bubble wrap. I will cut to fit for the rear bedroom windows and the overhead bubble in the shower. (I am not tall) Did you use Velcro to hold them in place.

I did drill into the outer skin to install the windscreen holders. Still have to install the front side glass sun screens.

Thanks
Hello, I cut and fit every single window (including Windshield) for the bubbles. You want to cut enough to tuck into the window frame and they will hold themselves (except for the cockpit area). Then I close the blind hid the bubble plus adds another layer of insulation and help hold in place.

For my shower overhead skylight I used a free sample of the "clear" (well 15% = almost clear) Ceramic Window tint. You can remove the inner cover and place on top. install on top like your doing a window then replace.

It eliminated most of the heat plus it leaves the bathroom nice and bright and its one less thing you have to do in order to keep the heat out.

As for the cockpit bubbles. I cut one piece for the front windsheild then lower the blind. Its holds it pretty good overall but its not flat and tight like the dinning/kitchen/bedroom windows are since you dont have a frame to tuck it in (and its too large and heavy). I might use some HD velcro down the road.

The side cockpit windows tuck in the top and the front edges (mostly under the curtain valance) but the lower part wants to drop. I thought about using HD velcro on the lower rear corner to hold but I have not yet. If you rotate both captains chairs and put small pillow behind them it will hold the bubbles in place.
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum