Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2019, 01:28 PM   #376
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVMichael View Post
I thought that was a pretty cool RV park right in New York City. Then I read some of the reviews. How was your stay? I the reviews correct? I would expect higher prices and less service, but the reviews seem like it's not worth the hassle.
We stayed there two weekends in a row (our Son had a precollege week at Stevens in Hoboken so we camped there while dropping him off, took off to Cape May, NJ and then returned the following weekend to pick him up). Thus we didn't use the campground for visiting NYC proper but did a little sight-seeing around there.

Our stay was H-O-T hot! LOL It was in the mid to upper 90s both weekends we were there and since you're camping on asphalt use all the means at your disposal to give the A/C its best shot (cover windows, keep doors closed, etc.).

Other than that: You're on asphalt so it isn't a resort with a lot of amenities. Its greatest asset is location: You can walk to a train station that takes you into NYC. Right at the harbor there is a bar/restaurant (on Fridays it seems its THE place to go in Jersey City for all ages--it was hoppin).

You have water & electric hookups with a dump there in the park (and washrooms available--we didn't use them so I don't know how well kept they are). There are even a few tent sites! LOL (a fenced in area with some AstroTurf).

It is pretty pricey for what you get but then you're right off the Hudson river; can't get much closer. (They do give you a big packet of a bunch of stuff to do and transportation options.)

Having said all that: Would I go again? Definitely, especially if I was visiting NYC. Will we go again? Not likely--we've done a lot of East coast camping these past few years so I think we're done going East for now LOL.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum