Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2015, 08:45 PM   #12
Scarab0088

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Outlaw 3611
State: California
THOR #576
Several of the concepts above are exactly what Newmar and Tiffin will entertain...for customer customization. These are the boutique builders I mentioned. They make only a fraction of the RV's made by companies like TMC, Forest River, Jayco and Winnie.

And, I submit that the 40% higher (average) price that you will be looking at with these brands IS unreasonable. That's just personal opinion.

The real problem that the buyer will encounter when trying to make the final price deal at the retail store is...once you put together the custom order and get a preliminary factory approval of the concept (done at a dealership)...the only way to barter a better price below MSRP is to leave the first dealership and go to another dealer...then attempt to play dealers off each other. This reportedly can work, but I am skeptical.

If you are willing to pay the difference, more power to you. I am not.

I have done my mods, including wiring, by DIY and the aftermarket.

Like I said earlier...me and my wallet much prefer TMC's business model.

Safe travels

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum