Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2015, 12:26 AM   #57
Scott

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 30.2 Bunkhouse
State: Michigan
THOR #2780
Sorry for coming late to this party, but I noticed a couple of things in this thread. We have a 2014 ACE 30.2 with bunk beds that has been modified to include a wheelchair lift. The lift was installed where the love seat was.

First, I see Larry has the same issue/concern over the radio speakers. One of the speakers, the one behind the driver, is partially blocked by the slide-out when it is in it's retracted position. To me this should be a no-brainer and someone from Thor should have noticed that. Normally I'm a very good fix-it man, but since becoming paralyzed and with no hand function, putting additional speakers in the dash will cost me money. I'll have to come-up with a different remedy.

The other item is the toilet and the fact that we, along with several other members of this forum, have to snake out our toilet. No letting someone use the bathroom or use it if you're only going to go number 1, is unacceptable. For the money we spent, as well as many others, a working toilet should be a given.

Our unit could definitely been built better and prepped better. We are still getting saw dust in our lights. Screws continue to fall out of no where. We had an issue with the driver's side wiper as well. Finally, our dealer had to cut a hole in the table seat bench so we could have easier access to the hot water tank by-pass valves. Anyone with the bunk beds have the same problem getting to their by-pass valves?

We have camped for many years and this is our first motor home. I know this unit is more off an entry type unit, but I was expecting a little more attention to some of the details, i.e. the radio speakers or the toilet flushing.
Modified w/ a wheelchair lift
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum