Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 01:21 PM   #5
wogden

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Vermont
THOR #386
update on the issues:

This coach is wearing me down! We have just left KY and while there had a very old truck shop look at the drive line. They say it appears right but is close to the tolerance issue and may be I should add yet another spacer. They could not because they were booked for work. Took it for a ride with their senior tech and came to the conclusion that the tires that were just replaced are shaking in the rear. Went to a Michelin dealer and after five hours they determined that the road force on five units were way over the tolerance level. Michelin has now replaced these rib tires a second time! Still got a drive line vibration so I guess when I get to CA I will have my son fab up another spacer to see if it helps.

Rained last night and woke up to water on the floor! Seems it is getting in thru the exhaust vent for the furnace. Don't know how to fix that!

In AR the co2 alarm went off and we could not silence it. So here we go again. Thor had us go back to Memphis to a dealer and they could not find anything wrong so they powered it down and reset the unit, then sent us on our way.

Now it appears to be my turn in the "slide barrel". I have noticed that the slide seems to be coming out but only in the front. It is out the full width of the gasket about a 1/2-3/4 inch. If you run it in it will move back out when driven down the road. Tonight we put the slide out and noticed that there are marks on the side from wehre is is rubbing on the body. My only conclusion is that the slide is not centered in the opening. It does make a lot of noise as it rubs back and forth as we drive the rv. Can't deal with this now so I will wait till we are in SanJose for a couple of weeks to see if a Thor dealer can offer some advice. For now I am going to insert the wooden 2x4 braces I made to hold the slide in when the motors go as per the manufactureres instructions.
I am geting grayer hair worrying about this new rig!!!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.