Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2019, 04:28 PM   #8
paulwadley

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
You have several options if you have a mercedes benz chassis. Mercedes benz will void any warranty if you weld anything to the frame so it needs to be bolted on. I looked at the HWH and Equalizier Hydraulic levelers. Both were about the same in price. There is also the Big Foot leveling system. I went with the Equalizer (you can see it on You Tube) since it does not require heavy duty return ram springs to pull the ram back into the up position as the HWH system needs. With labor it cost about $6,000. I had a local family run rv repair shop order and install it. The system is also set up for blue tooth smart phone operations if you want to down load their free app. The way the motor home is set up has a natural forward down slope that made it uncomfortable to sit or sleep without leveling it each time we stopped at night. The additional plus of having a leveling system is that I can raise the mh up high enough to change out tires since the system is rated at 30,000 pounds lift (7500 pounds per ram x 4 rams). I also carry a bottle jack that can lift 20,000 pounds as a safety feature if I have to work on the mh underneath. The controls allow you to auto level or manual level. I can also raise/lower any of the individual rams as needed. You can text me at 714 604 7868 and I can send you some pictures of it.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.