Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2019, 05:16 PM   #15
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
So, the resolution of the problem came today. I went back to O'Reilly Auto Parts (where I purchased the adapter) and I really can't say enough about the guy who works there (Chris). First of all, he was in their commercial department and wasn't even supposed to be involved with a retail customer (who was spending a whopping $15!). Secondly, this morning he came out of the store and spent 15 minutes testing with his multi-meter, checking everything out this way and that, and sideways! When a guy who knows his stuff and how to run a meter like that is left scratching his head, I don't feel quite as stupid! He finally came to the conclusion that there was something internal in the lighting set that was causing the issue, so we went inside and grabbed a similar set of lights from a different manufacturer. Went outside and plugged them in and...pow. Lights actually worked!

One side note, and help me here if you had also heard this (or I'll go back to thinking I really am crazy): I recall hearing (or reading in the forums or the sales literature) that the Vegas only had a 7-pin connector, not the 4-pin. The entire time I was working with this 7-pin connector, I did not even see that it DOES have a four-pin, but it is tucked under the 7-pin and if you aren't looking for it, you might completely overlook it. While Chris was on his back under the RV doing his testing, he flipped open the rubber cover and asked if I had tested the four-pin or just the seven. My jaw hit the ground when I saw it was there. Why do I remember someone/something telling me that there was no 4-pin on the Vegas/Axis line???
I bet that is also something that is on some models and not on others--I have no idea if I have a 4 pin on my Axis; I've always used the 7-pin.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.