Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2015, 08:23 PM   #1
rbmartiniv

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37KT
State: Texas
THOR #2871
First "Shake Down Cruise" Results

Today I returned from a short (220 miles roundtrip) trip to the 4-day FMCA Six State Rally in Conroe, TX. I had checked the coach out as best I could before the trip but discovered a few things while on the trip. I am listing them to see if any of you have any comments, suggestions, or answers:

1. The Dash Instrument Cluster is not lighted, even with the headlights turned on. I tried all the light switches and the dimmer switch to no avail. Had trouble seeing the panel in the daylight due to glare. No problem with the small LCD display. Shouldn't the panel be lighted?

2. Mirroring with iPhone and Axerra radio didn't work. I have the Apple Digital AV Adapter for the HDMI and Lightning cables. Tried everything I could think of but could never get my iPhone display to be mirrored on the Axerra display. Also, there was no power from the USB outlet (iPhone would not charge) so probably the HDMI and USB connectors aren't wired into the Axerra receiver.

3. Hot Water. There was none. Tried water heater on gas alone, electricity alone, plus gas and electric together but never got more than lukewarm water (wonderful shower!) from the tap.

4. The "entertainment seating" reclined very easily (just pull the lever and BANG) but was VERY, VERY hard to move it back to the "up" position. The seat almost tilted over forward when I tried to push down the leg rest while seated. There seems to be way too much tension on the springs. I had to get out of chair and to push down the leg rest. Also, I discovered that the seating was not anchored to the floor as it should have been (hence, almost tilting over forward). There was a bracket for securing it to the floor but there were no screws in the bracket.

5. I had a bit of a problem with the rear roof ladder. The bottom step of the ladder is now bent backward (and almost broken off) from dragging when I pulled into my drive way. The back end did drag a bit, which was never a problem with my previous motorhome as the ladder was not as low plus there was a skid plate under the hitch. I don't see a skid plate on the Thor. Now I'll have to hack-saw the bottom rung from the ladder!

6. When preparing to leave the rally this morning one of the patio awnings did not want to come in. I finally pushed it with a mop handle while my wife held down the switch. It finally came in. Tried it again when I got home and it worked fine. Who knows.

7. A very loud "BANG" scared the dickens out of us as we pulled onto my home street. I stopped and we looked around. The metal fireplace trim frame had fallen off the front of the fireplace onto the floor. Wasn't put on properly.

Would love to hear your comments. Thanks.
2015 Ford Focus
rbmartiniv is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum