Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2019, 12:11 AM   #4
Chucke

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: North Carolina
THOR #5494
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavemike View Post
For those who were interested, I'm a little late but, as promised, here are the pics of my Nuwave Bravo XL Convection/Toaster/Air Fryer replacing the High Point microwave/convection. This Nuwave does not emit much heat on the outside so I felt comfortable with it in a simi-enclosed area (fan installed to move the small amount of heat). I checked the heat on the outside of the oven using my IR gun. The oven was pre-heated to 400 degree and ran for 15 minutes. Temp on outside of oven varied from 101-103. Process:
1) Removed High Point oven.
2) I wanted the new oven raised a couple of inches so I removed the plywood platform with heat shield, added 3 2x2s to the underlying platform and reattached the heat shielded platform.
3) The outlet for the High Point was a single outlet with a dedicated circuit. I needed a double outlet to add the fan. I replaced it with a residential outlet and box (blue box, right side of picture)
4) I used L brackets to attach the small, low speed fan (used for enclosures). Actually, I made Z brackets using 8 L brackets. Attached the brackets and fan to the plywood outside TV support on the back wall.
5) I added an in-line thermostat to the fan (also used in enclosures, cut one wire and attach both ends in-line to the thermostat). I set the thermostat to 95 degrees.
6) I made a vent using black metal gutter guard cut down to fit the existing opening (top of opening in the pictures).
7) Installed the oven and placed L brackets by the 2 from legs and secured the oven with zip-ties.
8) Made a face plate using 1/4 in plywood (cabinet/drawer type) and added half round mold around outside edge and flat mold around opening. The opening of the face plate was cut 2 inches above the top of the oven to allow for venting. The gutter guard screen is the vent. I painted the face plate black. Installed the face plate with 4 wood screws.
9) Tested the oven for 20 minutes at 400 degrees. Fan operated as planned, warm air vented.
10) Made 13 inch pizza!
That looks like a real nice set up. I like Pizza!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum