Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2019, 08:44 PM   #18
mgunnin

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: VEGAS 27.7
State: Florida
THOR #14226
I have been towing for 17 years. I have always preferred the Blue-OX baseplate and tow bars.
I have always had a braking system. For 16 years I used a Brake-Buddy.
I just installed the Stay-N-Play system. May be the best think I have every done. My wife would never set up our tow car when I had the Brake-Buddy System. when she saw the process with the Stay-N-Play she now not only jumps in to help she does it all by herself. (She is only 66 years old).
Recently she hitched up by herself and took off to Disney World with our daughter and her two children. After 41 years of RV'ing she is now on her own.
By the way please never listen to anyone that tells you not to use a braking system no matter the weight of the two vehicle. The added weight increases the stopping distance of any motorhome no matter how big the motorhome might be.
Also about ever state has requirements about having a braking system.
Just run into someone and not have a brake system and see how fast you are involved with a lawsuit no matter what the state laws are. They can prove you had knowledge of optional braking systems and you did not care about the safety and lives of others. You insurance company will not renew you either.
Always spend a little to be safe. Love yourself and others.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum