Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2019, 12:42 AM   #26
BASSMAN

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 25.4
State: California
THOR #7440
Mo Mike, the tire and wheel are pulled up by the winch and its positioned between the two frame rails, the 25.4 Axis has plenty of room in this area, its positioned between the back of the fuel tank and the trailer hitch, it lays horizontal and is held in place by the cable from the winch, if you have looked under a newer pickup you can get an idea of how it works, for some of you who do not want to deal with changing a tire on the road having a spare tire and wheel can make a big difference in how much time you spend on the side of the road, as one of the others who posted the wheel on the Thor coaches are different than that of a E-450 van, if your wheel gets damaged you could be stuck for a long time waiting for some one to find you a wheel, I used 2 inch steel channel and one of the other guys who did a post has built the same kind of mount as mine, he has posted a picture, I have not had any luck posting pictures on this site

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum