Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2015, 01:55 PM   #1
craignhouston

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Texas
THOR #2613
Outlaw 38re performance

Hello all, we recently purchased the Outlaw 38RE and are loving it. The only concern is performance. We drove from Houston to Tampa FL and were surprised how even going up a small hill how quickly the coach slowed down and the engine revved up. When we were on a windy road in Austin, coming down a hill, we had to stop at the bottom for a stoplight. we could smell the brakes. Granted, I know it is a heavy motor home, but the stats say it is supposed to be able to tow 8,000 pounds. We tow nothing. Nor is the coach heavy. So far, we are only using it for long weekend getaways.

Here is my question: Anyone out there with the same coach that has traveled through the mountains to get to the west coast? We would love to plan a trip from texas along interstate 40 to Los Angeles, and then explore multiple cities, with the return trip taking us from Seattle, Salt Lake city, then back to Texas.
We will NOT be towing anything. Just seems that Thor has over exaggerated the capabilities of this coach. And due to the fact of its performance as mentioned above, I am a little hesistant. Don't know if I am overreacting. would love input from seasoned RVers that has the same or similar thor coach.

thanks
Craig

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.