Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2019, 02:30 AM   #1
ieris2

Brand: Still Looking
State: Colorado
THOR #16337
Four circuit boards later and hot water heater still won’t light

Hello all,

I have an Atwood water heater (G6A-8E) in my 2018 THOR Freedom Elite motorhome. From day 1 it will not stay lit and then eventually just stops lighting. Initially when I flip the LP gas switch it will cycle through the three attempts to light but, now it’s not even doing that. I’ve taken it in three times and they replace the circuit board. However, a week later they just go out again. The strangest thing is a humming/whining noise happens in the back part of the RV near my bed right before it goes out. The tank and circuit board are on the side of the RV-nowhere near the sound. I’m looking to attach a video for an audio sample. I’m at my wits end finding a center who will look further into it other than just sticking another circuit board on so I’m hoping someone on here has a better clue to what is going on. Thank you all!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.