Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Sun protection
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2019, 03:16 AM   #6
axis earl

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: S.O.B.
State: California
THOR #3483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrickpatrick View Post
Buying a new Motorhome from Camping World. One of the things they trying to sell me additionally is a $1900 sealer to protect against sunlight etc. I’m in California. Did I need this? Is it money well spent or just a waste?
We bought a similar package thinking that it would make a difference like some of the "Teflon" applications that are on regular automobile finishes. We had a contract employee come to the house and applied wax by hand... no orbital buffer. Our front cap oxidized terribly before the first year was up. The policy actually paid to have the front cap painted minus the deductible. Next, the rear cap was becoming oxidized. Contract detailer came out and buffed it to a gloss finish which didn't last more than a few months. I agree with the other post on not purchasing the policy because it sort of gives you the idea that they will keep your finish as it was when brand new. Parking the rig in the sun, especially one that does not have full body paint is a finish killer along with any exposed rubber, curtains (ours fell apart before the first year was up), etc. I would invest in a professional detailer or a professional orbital buffer and good quality oxidation remover/wax.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.