Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Saying Goodbye!
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2013, 01:37 AM   #1
9uc

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Former Daybreak Owner
State: Nevada
THOR #360
Saying Goodbye!

I've been reluctant to state my "opinion" on Thor as I basically do not like to trash any thing, person, product or brand. In reading this forum, RV.net and iRV2, there are a lot of Thor/Damon owners who love their units and wouldn't want to trade it or listen to some they might consider a malcontent rant about one that did not meet their expectations. I had my "New" off the lot 2014 Thor Daybreak XD34 for 145 days, all but 17 days of that, it was in the shop for a several major repairs of the slide system and damage not corrected prior to shipment and damage apparently done during delivery of which I was not notified prior to purchase. After reviewing the completed repairs, there were many, and determining that the slide, even though worked upon by a factory rep eventually, it still did not meet my satisfaction. I tossed up my hands in frustration and disgust, ask the mechanic to hold the unit while I talk to a salesman about another unit. Four hours later DW and I signed a purchase agreement on an Itasca Sunstar 35F. I took a loss on the Thor that I am a little to embarrassed to admit, but, least, I'm free of the the yellow fruit unit. The Thor was my fifth unit, and was my third Class A preceded by a micro C and a full size C, so I'm not a guy having buyers remorse.

This is the much shortened version of my bad experience and problems with a Thor product and their quality. I would not dream of telling you not to buy a Thor, but I don't think I'd buy another. You decide. It is with much regret that I leave this forum as I've already met a couple of nice people, and that's to include one of the admin, LLoyd.
9uc is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum