Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2019, 12:08 AM   #10
Pabs4

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #13816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long & Winding road View Post
Its the metal wall between the engine comparment and the inside of the vehicle. Usually you will see the brake boosters bolted to it. Just look under your hood - cant miss it.

Cover the entire under side of your dash starting at the bottom of the windsheild to the fire wall. Then go down the fire wall and roll it under the RV until you run out of good places to stick the insulation to.

Leave opening for wires / hose to poke though. I take your time, it took me hours to insulate my RV properly and I never regreted it. Use a roller to press the insulation firmly for proper adhesion. I duct taped a two or 3 foot pole to a roller in order to push up/back the insulation where my arms could not ready.

I put one to two layers of Dynomat type down first and one to TWO layers of Fat Mat 3/4 inch foam insulatation. But you will want a minium of one layer of each type.
Thanks so much! I will take a look tomorrow. It sounds a bit daunting. I’m sure every outside project will be easier once we are experiencing our two weeks of Fall weather.
Safe-T-Plus steering stabilizer, Koni shocks
Pabs4 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum