Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2019, 12:24 AM   #7
ieris2

Brand: Still Looking
State: Colorado
THOR #16337
Quote:
Originally Posted by javelin View Post
Hi again. If it is your propane regulator causing the whining noise (gas trying to get through the regulator perhaps) it probably would be mounted very close to your main propane tank. You said the noise (I assume this noise is new?) was near the bedroom so look outside in the basement access doors of your coach (near the bedroom location) to see if your propane tank and regulator are in one of them and then listen for the noise there. Also, not to be insulting, but make sure your propane tank has propane and the valve is open a turn or so.

You also should not be able to smell any propane in the cubby with the tank and regulator.....if you do check for any leaks.....could also be a bad propane regulator. They are not expensive to replace if that is the problem. It would likely also affect other gas appliances in your coach too......furnace would be a likely candidate or propane fridge with random failures if the regulator is failing. Others may have better suggestions.
Thank you again, I’m really appreciating this input. The propane tank cubby is at the front of the coach, but the sound is coming from the back. The sound only occurs a few days before it goes out and stops once it completely stops working. It’s more of an electronic whining/beeping-I wish I could download the audio. I’ve checked under the bed and under the RV, but it’s coming from inside the wall.

I DO sometimes catch a little whiff of propane, but maybe that’s normal? The other propane appliances are fine and the valve to the main tank is open-made that mistake before!

Thank you again so much’

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.