Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2019, 09:43 PM   #1660
Long & Winding road

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavemike View Post
The Vegas 25.5 has a small cabinet above the fridge. I removed that cabinet and the Magic Chef fridge fit like a glove. There are a few other appartment size residential fridges that are identical to this, just a different name. I installed a AIMS 1200w inverter with auto-transfer switch to run all outlets (GCFIs excluded). Still have the same 2 stock batteries that came in the Vegas. A year and a half later they still hold a full charge...lucky me. It usually takes 3-4 hours for the fridge to be fully cold, freezer frozen. Then we load it up. Works great, holds a lot. I have ran the fridge off of those stock batteries for 12 hours and the battery indicator was still 3 lights. Didn't check the actual level with meter, I was satisfied. I use a preventative method to start the fridge; I put store/use switch to use, start the generator, turn on the inverter, plug in the fridge and let the compressor work and settle while I do my other pre-travel checks. I turn off the generator after about 10 minutes, compressor is settled (sort of a "hard start for air conditioners" method). I always open the panel out side and unplug the fridge after trip, just in case I run outlets while cleaning, don't need the fridge starting up. Hope this info helps. We love this 10.1 cu ft fridge.
Wow, great info. I have the same inverter hooked up the same way already. I like my OEM Gas/electic fridge Ok but I get tired of constantly having to adjust the temp so I dont freeze stuff in the frig part.

I start out on #5 to cool it down and after like 8 hours the frig is like 8 in Freezer / 37 deg in Frig part. Then I load it up and turn down to 4 during the daytime (in summer) then like 3 in around late dinner time then #2 before I go to bed. The start all over the next day.

I installed wireless digital thermometers in the fig and freeze so every time I walk by I check and hold it around 37 to 42 deg (without opening the doors). So that helped a lot.

But the residential frig is SET IT and FORGET IT. I like that Ideal
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.