Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2019, 01:16 PM   #52
axis earl

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: S.O.B.
State: California
THOR #3483
Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M_MURPHYS View Post
Our 2017 Quantum came with LED taillights that took on water during our warranty period.

Our repair shop noted that they were not sealed with caulk or silicone around the gaskets and that is why they took on water. So I believe they should have been sealed at the factory on install. The gaskets alone are apparently not enough to keep water out.

Everything was fine for a year or so but now the brake lights are both malfunctioning (LED bulbs burned out and flickering of lights on braking).

Our repair shop called Command Electronics and they agreed to replace them both at no cost (except shipping costs which was fine with me).

All in all, I am happy with Command electronics customer service and am thankful they stood behind their product after almost two years of ownership. We pick our rig up next week.

That said, I was originally ready to ditch the factory lights and go with something that MIGHT be more dependable. The trouble with that is the holes for those factory LED LED lights are so large that many other lights will not fill the hole and still allow for securing them with screws (Most other styles are too small). In the end we just decided to replace both with the same Command Electronics lights and hope for the best.
You didn't use their supplied foam gaskets did you?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.