Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2019, 08:06 PM   #5
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Thanks for the post!

I have a tentative appointment November 4th and my warranty expires Sunday. I started scheduling it back in April but the Customer Service Rep I was working with is no longer there and my info all fell in a black hole.

We got connected with a new CSR a few weeks ago after calling to find out what was happening. She has been pretty responsive and we just got word that November 4th is our date but we will get an e-mail confirmation from the Service Center on particulars.

The main reason is a leak the dealer didn't fix last winter when we had it in for warranty service. I also have a list of other small items as well.

I have a very strange leak.... that has not reappeared for the last couple months.

It can pour down rain and there is no water in the coach. Then when I pull out of the driveway and get a mile down the road, water can start dripping on my head while I am driving. Dealer said it was a slide window missing the seal from the the factory. I couldn't see how a leak there would end up on my head but I went with it. Then after we brought it back home from the dealer in March and went out on our first trip in April, it started dripping on my head again.

A month or two later this was a small puddle behind the drivers seat. The bunk and walls above the cab have been dry to touch. No signs of water on the wood under the over-the-cab-bunk cushions.

Since then not a drop on my head or anywhere else. Been on the roof and could not see anything obvious but my biggest concern is there has to be some wood somewhere that has gotten wet and what has happened to it since.

I'm afraid though it will take them more than a day to diagnose the issues and fix it. Downside is they already told us to bring it in winterized so we'll be staying in a hotel. Might have to rent a car and drive back home if it will take more than a day or two.

Still.... looking forward to them fixing it right!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum