Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2015, 12:16 PM   #6
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeitup26
Has your experience so far with the Axis been doing tons of repairs and stuff like that, or just normal minor stuff. It scares me that i'm not very mechanically when thinking of being on the road and really need to be a mechanic to enjoy it.
Just rolled over 9000 miles since Feb 2014 when we picked it up. To date the largest issues with our 24.1 have been:
  • Shifter cable (just dropped off to Ford dealer for that fix; Detailed here: E350 wont shift out of drive)
  • Bottom drawer under stove broke the retaining latch (I fixed was pretty simple)
  • Front "hood" arms broke at the pivot point (RV dealer fixed)
  • Fuel pump went out on the genny (Fixed by Onan/Cummins)
  • Bathroom door handle broke, sort of: this was caused by some unruly teenagers! LOL (I fixed with larger screws and glue)
That really is about it for our issues. I've done more "mods" & "upgrades" than fixes.
So far my "mod" list is:
  • Upgraded radio to JRV-215 from 212 (Detailed here: Jensen JRV-212 Upgrade)
  • Added sewer storage under rear (Detailed here: Axis/Vegas mods 1 2 3)
  • Added 3 of these: Wall Mount Mail/Key rack (two on slide and one near the door)
  • Picked up some windshield covers
  • Sealed the taillight cutouts with Flex Seal (detailed here: Busy Day with the Axis that topic also shows the windshield covers)
  • Added Fatmat sound proofing to a bunch of places in the engine compartment
  • Picked up a tow dolly (although not really a "mod")
  • Started my DIY black tank sensor which I've been a bit stalled on (I'll get back to it--really! LOL Detailed here: DIY Capacitive Tank Sensor)
I'm sure there are more but those are all optional and the biggest items that needed fixing I had service departments do that (since all of those fixes should be warranty items).

So far we haven't had any issues on the road that prevented us from travelling. In fact I think the only thing that has really "broke" while we were travelling was the fuel pump on the genny which just stopped the genny. We continued that camping trip and I got it fixed a few weeks later at Onan/Cummins.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum