Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2019, 07:21 PM   #12
workhorsed

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Alberta
THOR #14862
Onan code 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCRiver View Post
New carb arrived today. I will check in after the install. Fingers crossed.
Hey, I hate to admit it but I was bedeviled by good old code 14 for almost 2 seasons. Diligently tried all of the above fixes to no avail. The carb cleaner by- pass and hand choking did seem to make it run better on the few occasions that it did run!! So, I just gave up Then, one day I just decided to try it again but it wouldn't prime, not a peep out of the fuel pump, checked the electrics and beat the snot out of the fuel pump; no joy. Then the light came on, I ordered the cheapest suitable fuel pump on Amazon.ca, installed it and lo and behold no more code 14's. For a while it did quit after the coffee pot or other load dropped off, but it would restart and run OK. The following day using a Y fitting and a hose pincher I fed it a mix of gas and throttle body cleaner into the float bowl intermittently for an hour or so; problem completely resolved! Simply cleaning the float bowl will not remove gum and varnish from the labyrinth of passages inside the carb body, neither will spraying stuff through the venturi! Hope This helps. W.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum