Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Trik-L-Start
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2019, 09:02 PM   #5
bry899

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 22E
State: New York
THOR #12119
Quote:
Originally Posted by blw2 View Post
i tried to post this yesterday but must not have pressed submit or something.....

I asked why did you choose that location for it. I thought these things were meant to go forward of the firewall near the BIRD relay, or anyplace else that makes sense based on your wiring such as the battery bay..... so if in the cabin is where it was easiest to connect, why not hide it under the dash someplace?

I hope this question doesn't seem critical....it's not. I'm considering buying one of those for my next project and so I'm wanting to learn about it. I recently installed a solar panel to charge the house and it would be great to charge the chassis too.
I mounted mine on the inside fender well about 10" from the relay.
The relay is behind the radiator overflow.
2nd pic shows both the relay (on left) and the trik l start (upper right).
No need to add additional length of wires.
I also have a 12v display inside the cab that I can switch between coach or chassis to show voltage of either battery bank.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190817_164709.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	19689
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190817_164737.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	19691
Sorry not sure how to rotate images

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum