Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2019, 09:34 PM   #5
javelin

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
An update on my recent “no cruise dash light” and non working cruise control problem for anyone who may be interested or has had; or has this problem currently. Still not resolved, but slowly puttering on it when time allows since it does not compete with the top of the DW’s job jar list.
Unfortunately, I don’t have an accurate 2012 Ford schematic for the F53 cruise (speed control module affecting ccts) and the only two I could find on line are attached for excitement. One for a 1999 F53 and the other not really sure other than its Ford (I think).
I thought previously that I had a blown fuse because looking at the 1999 schematic (first one I found) it shows the redundant brake safety switch fused from “always hot” 12vdc. The other schematic shows the redundant brake safety switch and cruise control module powered via fuse (schematic right side) when ignition is on only.
Rather than pull multiple fuses in the engine bay Power Dist Box (PDB) hoping to find a blown one affecting my cruise control, I simply rechecked the redundant brake pressure switch on the master cylinder.....still good (continuity when brake is not pressed) and its mating 2 wire female connector......this time with ignition on......now I get the 12vdc that I did not see in previous testing. Now at least I know the 12vdc for this redundant brake pressure switch to cruise module disablement link is powered when “ignition is on” and brake is off only. So the dated schematics are not directly applicable as suspected, but now I have to start looking elsewhere like steering wheel cruise on/off switch; or BPP (brake pedal position) switch. The strange thing is the brake lights work fine (ignition off) so a complete BPP brake pedal position switch schematic for the 2012 F53 would be a nice to have. I really don’t want to do the “human pretzel” under the dash.......in case I stay that way. It would also be nice to know where the actual cruise (speed control module is), but I am hoping for a bad switch or broken wire somewhere easy before a module replacement. Horn pad would be easier to remove to check cruise switches......but the brake pedal gets more cycles by far. Also of note, there are no OBD2 DTC/FF codes showing in memory......was hoping cruise issue might show up with some specifics.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1999 Cruise Schematic Part 1.jpg
Views:	962
Size:	113.3 KB
ID:	19692   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cruise Inhibit Signal Schematic.jpg
Views:	1614
Size:	138.4 KB
ID:	19693  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.