Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2015, 02:36 PM   #1
EA37TS
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Long weekend with the Challenger

Took a long weekend trip with the Challenger 37ND. The trip was approximately 800 miles round trip and 2 campgrounds (a one night stop and a 4 night stop).

No drivability issues with the coach. The only time I had an issue with sideways push was on I85 when a small box truck, yes a small box truck, broke into the right rear zone of the coach and then again when he went past the right front zone. I cannot explain this, and quite frankly, I'm not worried about it.

Overall:

Top priority - add another catch or two to the pantry and top kitchen cabinet drawers. Mine came open twice on the first day of the trip. Both times it happened while making sharp left turns.

Caulk around the rim of the sink. The coach has a bottom mount sink and my wife noticed a small amount of water drops in the under sink cabinet. Using a flashlight below I found two areas which are not sealed correctly and when using the spray head on the kitchen faucet small amounts will spray trough those two gaps.

Axxerra radio - the radio again kept losing power which caused the USB power port (feeding my GPS) to lose power as well. I will make one more attempt at removing the top of the dash and looking for a loose power wire or I may go ahead and reconnect all of the wires and see if that fixes the problem. Then again, I may call Axxerra and get the instructions for having the radio replaced under warranty before my next trip after Thanksgiving.

Passenger seat - I noticed a slight forward lean to the bottom of the passenger's seat (rear of the seat bottom higher than the front). I briefly looked for an adjustment but could not find one. I will look at this a bit more in the days ahead.

Other than that all systems functioned without flaw. No slide issues, no awning issues, and it was a very enjoyable and trouble free trip.

BTW, average was 8.1 MPG without towing and running about 62 - 65 MPH at 2100 RPM.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum